Saturday, Nov. 19, 5:30–10:30 p.m. at Revolution Hall
The ultimate event of the Portland Alpine Fest, this is the one you won’t want to miss! This will be a full evening with presentations by Sasha DiGiulian & Colin Haley, a special appearance by Fred Beckey, a vendor fair, a huge silent auction that benefits the Mazama Mountain Science School, food carts, and much more.
Evening Program (get a PDF of the program here):
- 5:30 p.m.: Doors open
- 5:30 – 7 p.m.:
- Social time
- Silent auction bidding (Shop for a Cause and support the Mazama Mountain Science School for 5th grade students)
- Vendor fair
- Food available from Koi Fusion & Hot Box BBQ (outside in the small parking lot)
- 7:00 p.m.: Program begins
- 7:15 p.m. – 8:15 p.m.Welcome & Intro
- Sasha DiGiulian presentation
- Portland Alpine Fest Photo of the Year Contest winners announced
- 8:15–8:45: Break
- Final bidding in silent auction
- Last call for food carts (food carts will depart by 9 p.m.)
- 8:45–10:15 p.m.:
- Extended Trailer Dirtbag: The Legend of Fred Beckey
- Interview with Fred Beckey
- Colin Haley presentation
- 10:15: Eve
- 10:30 p.m.: Head over to Base Camp Brewing Company for the PAFterparty (All Summit attendees will get Happy Hour pricing for the entire night!)
Sasha DiGiulian has been busy climbing around the world. Tonight she’ll talk about finding a balance, starting with her early foray into the world climbing and how that led her to where she is now. She’ll share tales from her first trip to the Dolomites, recount her recent first ascent of Pedra Riscada in Brazil (watch the video here), and touch upon her plans for the Olympics in 2020 in Tokyo. Interested in what Sasha has been up to lately? Check out her page on Instagram.
Colin Haley will present a slideshow of hardcore alpine climbing, focusing on the mountains of Patagonia and the journey that led up to climbing the Torre Traverse in one day. The presentation will be geared towards dedicated climbers, but the mountains of Patagonia are so beautiful that even people only loosely into climbing will appreciate the photography.
Hot Box BBQ: Modern American BBQ Locally sourced, crafted with love. Menu will include gluten-free Kale salad, sandwiches, and sliders. Smoked pulled pork or smoked tofu options.
Koi Fusion Always a popular option, Koi Fusion will be on site with tacos, burritos, rice bowls, chips, and drinks.
Marthas Cafe: Sandwiches, pizza, drinks, and more. MENU